We that own animals love them and feel they are like part of the family. Should your animal one day just collapse or be found unconscious these steps can save your pets life. I found these videos and thought you may find them helpful to know. They are like people in that the sooner you start CPR the better your chances are of successful resuscitation.
This was a bit shocking to me to say the least. Just thought I would put it out there for people to see. I saw a commercial on television and decided to research it. I do know we have not used baby powder in hospital newborn nurseries for years. It was explained to us at that time that breathing the talc could cause respiratory issues for the babies. This is a whole different ball game. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgKRgvy9-0
I recently have seen people that live in this country, that are citizens of these United States, one who refused to stand for the National Anthem during the opening ceremony of a football game. He was a football player Colin Kaepernick . The other was a woman who was an Intelligence Specialist enlisted in our United States Navy named Janaye Ervin. I do believe in our Constitutional right for freedom of expression and freedom of speech. However, these people represent an organization when they are in uniform and in the womans case, our miltary!
My son is retired Navy and says that this is refusal to obey a lawful order. There are 11 general orders in the Navy and Marine corp. for Sentry. Number ten of these orders is to salute all flags and colors and standards (flags) not cased, meaning all flags that are displayed outside of a box such as on a flagpole. Her refusal to do so is a violation of Article 92 of the Uniform code of Military Justice.
The issue I have with this is that they both are part of an organization and while in uniform, this behavior which is public in nature does reflect negatively on the organization itself.
They both live in this country, the woman could potentially lose her life for her country but will not salute the flag of her country? That makes no sense to me at all. Furthermore, it is a violation of Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and I’m sure she will pay for her decision to do so as it is considered predjudical to the good order and discipline of the United States Armed Forces.
The reasons they both give are the current state of affairs and leadership of this country. I disagree with this reason as the flag of our country has been defended with blood and death of many men and women for many years and to do such dishonor to these people who have died for their freedom is deplorable in my opinion. Please read below Olde Glory which is what is recited at all retirement ceremonies in the Military as the U. S flag is presented to the retiring service member who then passes it to appropriate family member of their choice. THIS IS WHAT THE FLAG REPRESENTS. It has nothing to do with honoring the President or the current state of affairs affected by government. If anyone would like to visit an awesome site and learn about our constitutional rights you can visit the link below. Please leave a comment and let me know your opinion on this
This was taken from the site AmendmentAvenger.com.
FOR I AM THE SYMBOL OF FREEDOM,
OF ONE NATION UNDER GOD
INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.
I HAVE BEEN SOILED, BURNED, TORN AND TRAMPLED ON THE STREETS OF MY OWN COUNTRY
AND WHEN IT IS BY THOSE WHOM I HAVE SERVED WITH IN BATTLE, IT HURTS.
BUT I SHALL OVERCOME
FOR I AM STRONG!
I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURELY BONDS OF EARTH
AND FROM MY VANTAGE POINT ON THE MOON;
I STAND WATCH OVER THE UNCHARTED NEW FRONTIERS OF SPACE.
I HAVE BEEN A SILENT WITNESS
TO ALL OF AMERICA’S FINEST HOURS,
BUT MY FINEST HOUR COMES
WHEN I AM TORN IN STRIPS,
TO BE USED AS BANDAGES FOR MY WOUNDED COMRADES ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE
WHEN I FLY HALF MAST TO HONOR MY SOLDIERS,
AND WHEN I LIE IN THE TREMBLING ARMS OF A GRIEVING MOTHER,
AT THE GRAVE-SITE OF HER FALLEN SON OR DAUGHTER
I AM PROUD!!!!
MY NAME IS “O L D G L O R Y”
LONG MAY I WAVE DEAR GOD
LONG MAY I WAVE.
I sat APPAULED as I watched the news tonight about an arrest that was made on a sexual offender that a tip came in on his whereabouts. They said they found him hiding in a bin inside the house.
The Sheriff said , “When they fail to register, we just don’t know where they are”. WHAT!??? How can they not know where the rapists and child molesters are once they are released?
Why do they leave it up to the criminal to register themselves for this? Why aren’t they put into the system and registered as a sex offender upon conviction of the crime? SERIOUSLY? We don’t know where they are if they fail to register??
They should have to prove where they will be living and the person they will be living with. This person should be told that they must report when the person is no longer living with them as well upon release from prison. Not wait for the criminal ( who obviously doesn’t obey the law) to register himself as a sex offender.
We need to write to our governors and flood their offices with mail regarding the burden to register them should be on the state not leave it up to the criminal. Unbelievable! We may all say , ” why bother, nothing will change? ” my answer to that is bother for yours and your children and grandchildrens safety. It’s just an email or stamp away. Not very much work on our part at all.
There is STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. We need to do something as a country to change what we see is wrong in this world. We all just sit around, and I am guilty of this myself at times, and complain about our elected officials. Write an email, send a letter to the governor of your state with a copy to the state attorneys office. When they get a few hundred thousand emails regarding this topic, they won’t be able to just do nothing.
Sorry. Trouble with my media library. Photo coming soon
For me it was a family reunion. For you it may be a beach wedding, birthday milestone celebration etc. Easy and fun to do. If you are blessed enough to live by a beach, the main ingredient is free. If not, seashells can pretty much be purchased anywhere these days. I was fortunate enough to have an abundance of shells from my beach strolls at a friends condo . Here’s how I made them…
YOU WILL NEED:
1. Seashells ( they don’t all have to be the same but if you want them the same there are many places on line that sell them.
2. Old pot to boil them in
3. Bucket and Bleach
4. Craft paint ( color of your choice)
5. Clear glossy spray paint
7. Old towel or paper towels that are placed on top of a plastic garbage bag
8. Extra fine glitter ( optional)
9. Cardboard or oak tag for spraying clear coat. The shells won’t stick to the cardboard but will to paper towels.
1. Gather enough seashells for all your guests plus a few extra in case any break.
2. Rinse all sand off and boil shells to remove bacteria.
3. Soak in bleach water overnight to be sure all bacteria has been eradicated.
4. Rinse shells and lie on towel to dry. If you can put them out on a patio it will expedite the process.
5. Place shells on cardboard and Clear coat all shells with a coat of clear spray paint. ( the reason I do this first is so if I make a drip or mistake, it will wipe right off with a wet cloth without ruining the shell.) You can now apply fine glitter paint if you’d like or wait till you’ve painted your message.
6.Once dried, take a pointed toothpick and dip into your paint and start writing your message. I use a toothpick because it affords more control over where the paint goes. Shells are porous and not flat with many ridges and imperfections that just don’t allow your letters to be fine if you used a paint brush. Toothpicks have always seemed to work much better for me.
7. Allow the paint to dry. Spray again with a coat of clear glossy spray paint and let dry. I like to let dry and do a second coat of clear spray. Now you have a one of a kind memento of your special occasion that will last for years and can be wiped with a wet cloth when dusty without danger of removing the message. Hope you’ll give this a try. Enjoy.
Here are a few tips to help you through a rough time. Living in a hurricane state has taught me a lot about emergency preparedness. While it is difficult at times to battle Mother Nature, God has equipped us with the ability to think and have free will. Utilizing these divine gifts can help you to survive when things seem to all be going wrong around you. Preparing for the worst when things are going well is the best way to accomplish your goal of survival and safety during a state of emergency.
1. Keep two gallons of water in your freezer 365 days a year. We lose power from many other things besides inclement weather. When the power goes out, take one gallon out and place it in the center of your refrigerator. This will keep the refrigerator temperature very good for several days. Longer if you limit the opening of the refrigerator to only opening when absolutely necessary.
2. Keep a good brand of powdered milk and powdered drinks on hand so that if you do lose power for several days you can just mix with water and store in the refrigerator. You don’t have to risk the danger of driving in a storm through floodwaters and potentially have a car accident because there’s nothing to drink in the house besides water.
3. Have a flashlight in every room and check their batteries on a specific day of the month say the first or last day. Store additional batteries for the items you will need in a specific place in your home. It should be a cool, dry place. They’ll last longer and you’ll not need to hunt for them in the dark. You’ll know exactly where they are. They also sell lights that you push down to make light go on. These illuminate an entire room. Don’t forget your alarm clock. Be sure it has fresh batteries as well as your smoke alarms.
4. Have at least a three day supply of drinking water on hand. This will be used for drinking only. If you have animals, DONT FORGET YOUR PETS , store a little extra
5. Buy Sterno cans and aluminum pans so that you can cook your food indoors. They sell these in Walmart and any sporting goods stores. These are relatively inexpensive, take up little to no room to store. Keep canned food you like. Be sure to have a canopener that is not electric. DO NOT COOK IN THE CAN. It may seem like you already have a cooking pot but the preservative that lines the cans will leach into the food and make you sick. AGAIN,DON’T FORGET PET FOOD.
6. If you own candles in glass jars be sure to keep one in each room. If needing to go to sleep but you need the candle to stay lit, put it in the sink with an inch or two of water so that you will not have the jar burst and a fire start. Most of those candles have warnings not to leave on for more than two hours. Especially the three wicked ones. This is the reason why, danger of glass bursting. However, not all candles put the warning on it. So being prepared that it could burst is best. The sink also reflects the light. 🙂 just be sure you have matches and lighters in your home. For those deep candles, light a piece of spaghetti and lower the flame into the jar to avoid burning yourself.
7. Ever go to the drug store and try to fill a prescription only to be told its too early to refill it? Well in most states once the governor declares a state of emergency all pharmacies fill it. Be sure if your child is teething you have children’s Tylenol for fever or pain.
8. Clean well and fill your bathtub with water. If the power and water go out you will use this water to put in a sink and bathe and to flush toilets. For houses with multiple people in them the rule is if it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down. Sounds disgusting however it conserves the little water you will have. Sanitation is huge! So if it smells get rid of it.
9. Keep baby wipes. They can be used to wipe not just baby but to clean dirty hands as well. They can also be used, one wipe for each body part, feet, arms, face and neck , legs and private parts. Five wipes can be like bathing without using up your water supply.
10. Be sure to Unplug all unused appliances to avoid losing them from power surges or lightning strikes. And for those coffee lovers out there that must have their coffee, you can heat up water and put the coffee filter with a few teaspoons of coffee in it over a mug and put it over the lip of the mug and pour the water through. Or just make a bigger amount of water and pour it directly over the coffee filter in the coffee pot.
11. If you have an extremely large tree outside a room of your house do not sleep in there. If too much rain makes the ground soggy the roots will have nothing to grab onto. Holding onto mud doesn’t work for trees! And they could fall because of their weight. Don’t scare children by letting them know this. Call yourself having a “storm camp out”if need be and everyone brings their pillows and blankets and sleeps together in the same room. It will make a scary time fun for them.
12.Stay safe. Hope these ideas were helpful. Just know there are battery operated fans out there in case you live in a warm or humid climate. There is no reason we should suffer greatly. Preparing ahead is essential. 🙂 you’ll be glad you did. Children are afraid so make games like sitting on a blanket in a safe room and call it a cookie picnic or lightning picnic. And count the lightning strikes and sing songs. OH I ALMOST FORGOT. Nice to use your fine China ( paper plates and cups)
Not for dishwasher. Only for washing by hand. Recipe taken from http://HUMBLEDHOMEMAKER.COM
1/2 cup of Castile liquid soap. ( I used Dr. Bronner’s baby unscented in a powder blue labelled bottle. Found easily in health food stores)
1/8 cup of water ( I used DISTILLED)
4 drops of essential oils ( 1 chose lemon)
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WHILE IT’S A BIT THINNER THAN WHAT WE ARE USED TO, IT LATHERS GREAT.
IT IS FANTASTIC! IT CUTS GREASE EASILY.NO HARMFUL CHEMCALS. EASY TO MAKE.
Homemade deodorant Yea! No aluminum… Which means no fear of developing alzheimers or breast cancer . ( and gentleman, men get breast cancer too ) its all organic. I looked at many recipes on the Internet and decided to go with this one and tweaked it a bit.
Three tablespoons of pure baking soda Three tablespoons arrowroot powder ( I use bobs mill organic) 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil Optional 6 drops of lavendar essential oil or tea tree oil or whatever scent you like.
.Personally, I felt it smelled rather nice without the lavendar oil. Not girly smelling either way, so men can use this too. Mix dry ingredients together, add coconut oil and stir and press powder with back of spoon to be sure it’s thoroughly mixed and creamy. Then add lavendar oil or whatever you like, close the lid and you’re done.
No more harmful ingredients to soak into your pores. I Have been using this for several days now. Believe it or not , it’s not oily and once you rub it on, it has not stained or transferred to any of my clothing. And….yes, it works great as far as odor control.
Trust me when I say , that when you live in Florida and your a/c breaks, you definitely sweat! From what I’ve read on the Internet,coconut oil starts getting liquidy when it’s not kept in a cool place ( under 76 degrees) . My air-conditioner broke so I had to keep it in the refrigerator. Then decided, well you use your fingers to rub it in anyway so just left it out.
I saw in one of the videos, that since baking soda absorbs odors it’s a good idea to keep in a small mason jar so you don’t have it absorbing any odors from your bathroom. Good idea, I thought. I did put some of it in an old deodorant container but had to put a piece of plastic I fashioned from a ziplock bag on the bottom or I feared if it got liquidy it would drip through the bottom. So I think I will just stick to the mason jar method. These are some of the videos I watched. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bXofKySG4A
This is a friend of mine who is very successful who has multiple on line businesses. I think we all wish we could work for ourselves and not slave so that others reap the rewards of our hard work. If you’re interested in a course that works, in a course that encompasses all the facets and instructions of how to start your own on- line business this is something you may want to check out. Change your life….press the link below.